I am sure there have been a number of people exposing their intimate information to the prying public through this meme. Undoubtedly, more will follow. It’s actually a rather enjoyable exercise to muse on small things about yourself that most people probably don’t know. I figured it would be tough to come up with 25 worth mentioning; but when I finally got going, it was hard to stop myself at that number. (I’ll have to save the remaining factoids for some later date.) For now, here goes:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I really miss Florida!
2. For most of my young life I said that I would never get married. But...my husband, Jarrod, is the best thing in my life. My family philosophy is take care of my husband and together we can take care of our kids.
3. As a kid I hated reading. Now I see reading as the easiest way to continue my education. It teaches me to look outside the box and face the reality that I am not always right about everything.
4. I don't like the unknown or the inability to be in control. But each day I get just a little bit better at living in the moment and letting go of the control thing.
5. My parents are the greatest! They taught me that nothing is impossible and that God is the only way to overcoming difficulties.
6. I am overly blunt. Don't mean to offend anyone. My opinions are exactly that...mine. I don't expect everyone, or anyone for that matter, to agree with me. I just don't mind expressing my thoughts.
7. I love being a mom! Never imagined that the love I have for Sam, Syd and Brock would feel sooooo good.
8. College was the most eye-opening experience of my life. WOW! That's all I can say about that.
9. I recently learned something obvious about myself that I just never opened my eyes to... In everything I do and everyone I meet, I give 100% of my heart. I was taught to trust instantly rather than learning to trust; therefore, I don't make the best judgment of situations and people. End result = heartbreak
10. I believe that the most peaceful place on earth exists in the mountains.
11. Today's technology is terrific! But I miss the day to day chatting with girlfriends on the phone. But then again I really don't have the time for chatting anyways.
12. I miss my granny's beef tips and noodles. They were the best. But Mom does a great job of copycatting.
13. I never get enough of the 3 kids, Jarrod and I cuddling in my bed and watching movies. It's the best way to end the day.
14. I truly understand the saying that "boys love their mommy".
15. I have never been out of the states. I plan to travel to all 50 before I die.
16. I’m comfortable being alone but rarely feel lonely.
17. My two favorite candies are Hot Tamales and the yellow Sour Patch Kids. And once I start eating them I have no willpower to stop.
18. I can't sing, but I continue to try in the car and at church.
19. I know a lot of people, but have less than 10 friends.
20. I prefer the toilet paper to roll off the top.
21. I see the world differently than most people. I no longer make excuses for my behavior. I am what I am. If you can’t Handle me or my behavior then move on. I won’t change for anyone but myself. It took me 40 years to come to this conclusion. You have the choice to take me or leave me.
22. I think toe socks are way cool.
23. I have no ability to decorate a house.
24. I love to watch fireworks but hate to handle them. Could this be a result of being raised by a fireman?
25. REGRETS. I think everyone has them. There are things I wished I had said and things that I said that I wish I could take back. There are people that I wish I would have gotten to know better and others that I could have done without. I wished I had never quit talking to my Mom and sister everyday.I wished I had learned to say "I'm sorry" much earlier in life.There a lots of random, useless facts that I want to know just because.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Samantha's vball season is off and running. She had her first tournament this past weekend in OKC. The team had a bumpy start against the first team they faced, which ultimately sent them to the Silver bracket. But the girls put away their fears and were able to dominate everyone else. Eventually winning the GOLD in the Silver bracket division.